1/17/12

Like Nike - Just Do It.

If you aren't happy with your body then CHANGE IT. Don't complain about it while you're eating a bag of chips or a handful of M&Ms. I'm so tired of seeing everyone on Facebook talk about how they're going to start going to the gym and then they're like "Well, I didn't have time" or "I didn't have a workout buddy". Oh well. I started out by myself, and I'm not the only person who's had to do it alone or wake up at 5 am to get the the gym for the day. You can do it too, so suck it up and do what you need to do.

Every single person is going to have a different starting place and everyone is going to have different first steps. Whether your first step to becoming a healthier you is drinking more water, adding in weight lifting instead of just doing cardio, or reducing your calories from 3000 to 1500 a day, you can't expect it to be easy. Of course its going to be hard...that's why you haven't done it yet! I was so embarrassed when I started. I didn't want anyone seeing my body to even take my before pictures. I didn't want to admit that I ate like a disgusting 300 pound man (okay, not really...but you get the point) and I didn't want to be that girl in the gym only using 5 pound dumbbells. You have to start somewhere, and that was my starting point.

I am so proud of myself for coming as far as I have in only a MONTH. Imagining what is waiting for me at the three month marker? You better believe I am ecstatic! Just do what you have to do. Stop talking about it and stop making those frieken excuses.

- Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment