5/15/12

Good Luck

Working in a restaurant is nonstop work. Like, if my family were to come in and eat while I was there, I would probably not even get the chance to talk to them for more than 2 minutes. People come in all the time and then a week later they're like 'Thanks for ignoring me at Longhorn'. And then I'm like 'I didn't know you were there'. 'But you looked right at me'. No...I probably looked right through you. Lol

Seriously, I have a one track mind at work, and I usually don't even notice the customers. Hahaha. I know that sounds awful, but unless I'm greeting, I usually don't have to. When I'm bussing, I just worry about getting the tables clean so we can seat more customers so we can get off the wait. I feel really bad when people come to me later and think I was just ignoring them. This post is just to make everyone feel warm and fuzzy. I'm not ignoring you. I just don't see you. Yell at me and stop me next time, and I will stop and talk. :)

On another note, I am SO glad I had 3 days off in a row after this weekend. Mother's Day is a restaurant's busiest day of the year. We had every single hostess working that day. That never happens. Anyways though, Sunday was super super busy. I was really really sick (thanks baby). My mom told me today she thought I had a sinus infection. I don't think that sounds as bad as it actually was. I'm pretty sure I was dying. The whole point of me saying all this is that I was sick on Friday but I worked, and then I got really sick on Saturday and called out. Then on Sunday, I was pretty sure I'd get fired if I called out, so even though I was dying, I went into work. We all had to work really long hours that day. I ended up working 10:00 am to 9:00 pm. I was literally begging the managers to let me go home. Haha I am glad I had these three days off though because I've had the chance to kind of recoup and get better. I still had to get up and do stuff, so I couldn't just lay in bed all day like I really wanted to...but who ever gets to do that? :P

I went to the gym tonight with Keely. Ever since we've been working out together again, it has been INTENSE. I love it so much. I don't think we even worked out this hard before we stopped working out together. Its great to have a workout buddy because it pushes you to do more. Not that I wasn't doing enough on my own, but I definitely wasn't working this hard. I've already lost 2 more pounds. (You know, since like my frieken 2 month plateau. Yeah, it wasn't exactly a plateau, it was just me being a dumbass eating who knows what, not going to the gym every day like I was supposed to.) I have lost thirty nine pounds. One moreeeeeeeeeeeee and I will have officially lost forty. YAY :) :) I won't have to round up anymore. HAHA

I guess its time to end this post now. :)

Goooood night <3

- Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment