4/7/12

Color Runner 2012

This weekend was jam packed, frustrating, busy, a tiny bit scary and I got lost...a LOT, but it was AWESOME. :)

After work on Thursday, I spent the night at Hannah's house. We ended up going to Walmart and staying up to pack a while longer than we thought and didn't get to sleep until around 2 or 2:30...and we had to be up at 5:30 to leave by 6. We ended up leaving at 6:30...but that is still pretty good for how little sleep we got. Anyways, so we drove to Atlanta in like 4.5 hours because of all of our stops and getting lost. The GA aquarium was first on our list. After that, we had to find the hotel in downtown ATL. I just want to say...it was absolutely one of the worst experiences in my life. I ended up driving to the hotel by myself...my GPS took me through the ghetto, and then when I finally found the hotel, I had to figure out somewhere to park because I didn't want to pay the $30 valet fee.

Needless to say, after about 15 minutes of driving around the same blocks, I decided valet was my best option...at least no one would break into my car. :) Altogether, it took me like 45 minutes to get to the hotel...which was like 6 minutes away from the aquarium. HAHA

This morning I woke up at 5:15 to get ready and pack everything up. We were supposed to leave at 6:15 to hopefully be there by 7, but we ended up leaving late again...and got to the track around 7:30. We registered, picked up our packets and went back to sit in my heated car. It was absolutely freezing this morning!

This was a first for both of us, so we weren't sure what to expect, but I was told that if its your first 5K and you run the whole thing, you should finish in around 30 minutes...I was hoping I could finish in like 25 or so, but that did not happen. I did finish in under 30 minutes though! (by like 30 seconds or something...haha.) I don't care though, I'm happy I did it. I will definitely have to sign up for another before June so I can fulfill my New Years Resolution because I didn't run all of it. I ran for like 15 minutes before I had to walk...I got to the 3rd color, which was 3 kilometers. I walked most of the 4th kilometer, and then ran the last one. I sure hope I will be able to train for a half marathon at the end of the year...maybe I should just change that to a 10K...hahaha :)

Here is my before and after:






- Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment