7/10/12

Work Hard, Play Hard

Today's menu:

Breakfast (pre-workout) - Oatmeal
Breakfast (post-workout) - Protein brownie & Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich
Lunch # 1 - Shrimp Quesadilla
Lunch # 2 - Tilapia, Brown Rice, and Carrots
Dinner # 1 - Chicken, Green Beans, and Sweet Potato Fries
Dinner # 1 - Ezekial Bread with Almond Butter
Snacks - Plum, White Cheddar Rice Cakes, and a Banana


I will post the ingredients/recipes for the unexplainable items at the bottom of this post!

I've never been the girl to take pictures at the beach or to post bikini pictures on line, but I guess another way to keep myself motivated is to show others so they can just keep on-a-judgin' me. ;) HAHAHA, kidding. But seriously, I mean...I don't do it so people will just judge me, but I do expect them to keep me accountable.

Anyway, I've never taken a picture in a bikini before, so the best I've got is a fully clothed picture of me standing about the same way. :) 



Today's workout was shoulders, arms, and abs, and it was FANTABULOUS!

I am making pumpkin protein bars tonight, and I'm thinking about making up another flavor one. Something to do with bananas. YUM. :))

Oatmeal: 1/2 cup Quick Oats, 3g Stevia, & 5g sugar free, fat free cheesecake Jello flavoring. Add almond milk, skim milk, or water until desired consistency and cook in microwave 45-60 seconds.

Protein Brownie: 1 scoop protein powder, add enough water to make a thick paste, and then add a couple drops more. Stir and cook in microwave for 20-30 seconds. (Just until its almost cooked. If you cooked it all the way, it will be super dry). Put Skinny Cow ice cream (or any other type of low calorie/fat/sugar dessert on top).

Shrimp Quesadilla: Same as my Chicken Quesadilla, but substitute shrimp. :)

Carrots: I just have to put this one on here because I thought it was different. I put one cup of sliced, frozen carrots into a pot with 1 cup of water. Let boil for a couple minutes, and then add a dash of salt (I used kosher) and two packets of Truvia. Cover and let simmer.

Sweet Potato Fries: I cut a sweet potato so that it weighed 84g. Cut into small, fry-size pieces. Get a plastic baggie and fill a small (very small...I put too much!) amount of pepper, some salt (I used kosher) and a bit of olive oil. Toss the fries in the baggie and shake up to coat each one with the mixture. Place on covered cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees. 5 minutes on each side. 

I have many many many yummy recipes, and I think I am about to start posting them on here, so check back soon! :)

- Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment