4/2/11

Pain is Pleasure

Trip to Atlanta with Chamber. check
Band Banquet with TBS & KKPSI. check
Vagina Monologues for Jordan. check
Meeting Jordan's best friend. check


I've done so much. We left on Thursday at 6:45 am & got to Atlanta at 10:00 am. (I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be a 4 to 4 1/2 hour drive...and we got there in 3 hours, ON A BUS. It should have been almost 4 1/2 to 5 hours since we were on a bus. Oh well. We got there, sang at 2 high schools and a church on Thursday. Friday, we went to 3 more high schools. The last 2 schools had to think the sopranos were bad because I felt like we were screeching. I don't know. Maybe it was just me. I'm pretty sure we were all half dead though. It was fun...so I should complain, it was just very tiring!

When I got back on Friday at 6, I had to get dressed, do my hair & makeup, and book it over the the banquet to finish setting up with everyone. I bought all the decorations, but since I wasn't there to help, everyone else just tried to put everything up the way I had described. They did a great job & it looked AMAZING! I only changed a few things because I'm a tiny bit OCD. :)

Ashley Chisholm wanted to be in the picture. :)

Skittles, Omar, Rae Rae, Eric, Domo, Landan, & Rodney. (Bruhs & Sorors)

This was our very first band banquet at VSU, but we made the most of it, and everyone I've talked to had a BLAST! :) The lighting was awesome, the DJs were GREAT, (One of my sorors, AJ had her boyfriend and his dad DJ for us) the food was amazing, and the caterers was the nicest people EVER. We had a slideshow of pictures from the season playing during the banquet, and we presented our amazing presidents of Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma with gifts. 


Today, I went and saw the Vagina Monologues with Tori, Amelia, & Carolyn. [1-4 yay!...it wasn't really planned like that though. haha] Anyways, we went & saw the show, and Jordan was in it. It was the first time I'd ever seen her act, and she was of course...AMAZING. :) I met Jordan's best friend from home, Katie Beth, she was sweet. haha. Kaleb's watching a basketball game and talking about cracking his knuckles. Also, we are so tired...and can't stop yawning, haha. (A guy just purposely flopped a guy on the game...LOL <---- f'real.)

Look, its like free face blurring. The lighting sucked for taking pictures. Haha

Nighty Night.

P.S. I'm over 200 pageviews now. I've been waiting! haha :)

- Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment