6/22/11

Its 4:30 here & 7:30 there.

Its been a while. Since last time I wrote, I went to Ashley graduation, got a kitten, went to Forks, WA & Leavenworth, WA and went to a beach here.

Ashley graduation was kind of weird...we really didn't know each other. I'm glad we've talked more though because she is pretty cool and it would have REALLY been weird if every time she came around we just stared at each other. phaha.

My kitten's name is Marley. The story behind it? She was super chill when we got her (not anymore though...hahaha) and I was like, well Bob Marley had to be chill 'cause he smoked weed, so I named her Marley...after Bob Marley. She's the absolute cutest thing in the entire freakin world. She's like, 5 pounds and fits in my hand. Tomorrow she will be 7 weeks old (and Ashley will be 18!). I was kind of nervous about taking her from her mom that early, but she seems fine. She eats hard food, and used the kitty litter box perfectly!

Forks was different. If you didn't know, they didn't film most of Twilight in Forks. They filmed most of it in Oregon, and the bare minimum in Forks. The only thing that was really in Forks that was also in the movie was the 'Forks High School, Home of the Spartans' sign in front of the high school. It was weird, but I'm still glad we were able to go!

I think Leavenworth was my favorite trip :) We stayed at a KOA in a little log cabin. Leavenworth is a little German-like town. They have restaurants, shops, and everything else. The shops are not just normal brick buildings though. Everything (and I mean everything...including Starbucks & Mcdonald's) is in the same Bavarian style. A picture of the 'town' is on the left, and a picture of the inside of our cabin is on the right.






I've decided I am moving to Washington. I was a little worried at first because I didn't want to just leave Kaleb behind, but he agreed to move up here and try it for a little while with me. I don't know if this is going to be permanent or temporary, but we will see how it all pans out. For now, I just know I can't wait to see my boyfriend. I have to wait 3 months! I am going home in the middle of September so we can pack all of our stuff, and so he can have a 21st birthday party! Then we are moving up here. 

Things are SO much different in Washington than they are in Georgia. Its going to be quite difficult to go back! haha There is absolutely no humidity here, the weather is always 30-40 degrees cooler, and its all big-city. There is no country here. My dad's front and backyard put together is like, half of my mom's front yard in GA, and even SHE has a small yard. Its just...different. I'm not complaining though, I love it here, and I think it will be good to get away from Effingham/GA for a while. 

People are sometimes so closed minded, but the way I see it: I am getting to experience new things & make new friends. I'd never met my stepmom & stepsisters before I visited up here this summer, so that's already 3 new people I got to meet. I can't even list all the other people, but I absolutely love being here. I am definitely already missing  my friends, and especially my SISTERS. Its hard here without them, and I wish there was at least a chapter close so that I could bond with them, but I don't think there are any chapters that are near here...so I will just suffer. :) 

I can't wait to go back and see everyone, but for now...I'm enjoying being on the West Coast. I'm still trying to get adjusted to the time change, and the tv channels. I'm trying to get used to having sisters and no brother here, and I'm trying to get used to the kitties (we don't have any back at home). Its different...that's all I can say, but I like change.

- Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment