6/7/11

Washingtonnnnn :)

So, this trip has already been hectic.

I was supposed to fly out of Jacksonville Airport at 4:30 pm on Saturday. Instead, we flew out at 5:30 or so. When we got to Chicago, we didn't even pull up to a gate...we just sat there on the plane for like 30 minutes. Because of that, I missed my connecting flight. (It was originally at 7:40, but ended up moving to 8:30 or so because of a ground hold at Chicago Airport.) When I missed my flight, I tried to get onto the last one flying out to Seattle that night, but it was completely booked. I ended up having to spend a night in Chicago alllll alone. I was just going to sleep in the airport, but Daddy & Lisa wouldn't let me, so I stayed in the airport hotel.

I ended up taking a flight to Minnesota at 6:30 the next morning, and then had an 9:20 flight to Seattle after that! Once I got to Seattle, it took me forever to figure out where to go, and once I FINALLY found the family, we had to look for my bag (since I'd missed my original flight I had no clue where it was). American Airlines/Alaska Airlines SUCKS, so don't ever fly with them! After a lot of waiting and asking around, we finally found my bag, so we grabbed it and went home!

Today, we went to Mount St. Helens. It was so amazing. The view was so pretty, and there was still snow everywhere! The waterfalls from the melting snow were frieken amazing. I took so many pictures, I don't even know what to do with them. :P Tomorrow's pretty much a chill day I think. We are going to the mall to get Lisa an outfit for Ashley's graduation, and then Kaitlyn has a chorus concert (exciting! haha), but that's about it. I'm happy though, because I think my body is still getting used to going to sleep/waking up 3 hours later than normal! :P

Its 1:00 am here (4:00 am at home), so I think I'm gonna try to go to sleep now. :P

- Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment