9/12/11

Who Knows What That Crazy Girl Thinks??

Who do you think you are? Runnin' 'round leavin scars, collecting your jar of hearts and tearing love apart. You're gonna catch a cold from the ice inside your soul, so don't come back for me. Who do you think you are?

Well thank you Christina Perri for your awesome words. I was on my way home from work tonight and I had my phone plugged into the radio and had Pandora running off of it. Somehow after all my Rascal Flatts and Carrie Underwood on my Taylor Swift station, this song came on. It got me thinkin, and no...I'm not thinkin about a boy when I write these words, but they did kind of speak to me tonight.

On a different note, I miss my frieken guitar so much. I have so many songs just jumbled around in my head and I can't write them because I don't have a dadgum guitar! Haha, I figured since I'm talking about my songs I might as well go ahead and post a verse or chorus from a couple of the songs...so here ya go:

Fallin' [first verse & part 1&2 of chorus]

I'm fallin' for you, like a rock off a wall. I'm considerin' you, I don't wanna fall into somethin' new, somethin' deep something' wrong, somethin' cruel, somethin' mean, I ain't a fool.
Cuz if the tables were turned you wouldn't wanna be burned, you wouldn't wanna be lied to & cheated on & hurt. It hasn't happened to me. I'm tryin' to avoid it. I'm savin' myself and I think you'd do it too.

Grounded to the Ground [first verse and chorus]

Its 2 AM, the ring wakes me up. I'm callin' for you - nothing in return. I'm shiv'ring in the cold, I'm waiting for you, I'm waiting for you, I'm waiting for you. You are my pain, discomfort. You are my insecurities. You are the one who loves me. When no else will, when no one else will. You are my pride my pleasure, you are my soul when I am weak. You're the one who keeps me grounded to the ground.

The Years Before [part 2&3 of 1st verse & chorus]

I prayed and prayed and hoped and prayed that I could find the one. I did and now I'm greatful for all our memories. They overtake all the ones that I had to deal with. I'm in love, I have a life, and it does not include: crying in my room, all alone. Hopin' Daddy would save me, hopin' Mama would too. Just cryin' and prayin' for someone to find me for someone to help. Lord, please, please help me.



So yeh, just so people don't get the wrong idea about my songs, the first one ends on a good note, so yes...its about Kaleb, but you'd have to hear the whole song to know what its about. :) The second one is also about my lovely boyfriend, and its actually written about a call he accidentally made to me in the middle of the night. (HAHA to that) The last song is actually what it sounds like. I had a lot of family problems growing up. I'm not saying that on here to put my family on blast or anything, but I want others to know I can relate if you have gone through the same thing.

I was supposed to record a demo last year, but I never ended up doing it because the opportunity came at the end of the semester and I had no time to go. :( I really wish I had made the time because I really want to be singing right now, especially now that I'm not even in school anymore. I will get my chance one day though, it just hasn't been the right time yet.

Tomorrow is a stock kinda day and I have to be at work at 8 to unload the truck & do stock. (Hence the 'stock kinda day' phrase. You readers are so smart though, I'm pretty sure you knew exactly what I meant. ;)


I am very ticked off at American Eagle right now. I always wear the same size jeans from there, and I bought a new pair a couple weeks ago that was my normal size, but a different fit. They fit basically the same, have the same amount of stretch, and I can usually wear my other pair 2 times before washing. (Don't worry, I'm not dirty, jeans just don't need to be washed that often. It fades them WAY too quickly.) Anyways though, I washed these jeans today and wore them straight outta the dryer, so you know they were snug. They were fallin' off of me like, an hour into work. Seriously? Thanks American Eagle. TOOOOOOOO much stretch in them bad boys.

I never told y'all I got feather extensions (again). But yeh, I did. Here's a picture:


Tonight, I was just chillin' with the Kardashians:


At Valdosta State:


While having fun on my Macbook: :)




*I seriously just realized there was a difference between compliment & complement. FML

And now I'm getting ready for bed. G'night :)

- Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment